1 lb. brussels sprouts, washed, base removed and cut in half
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 medium pink lady apple (or other tart/sweet crisp apple)
4-6 slices nitrate-free bacon, no added sugar
1 Tbsp. fresh rosemary, finely chopped
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Make sure the Brussels sprout halves are uniform in size – if not, cut the larger pieces down to ensure even cooking. Toss with 2 teaspoons olive oil and sea salt to taste. Spread evenly on parchment paper.
- Roast in preheated oven for about 20 minutes, until slightly brown and fork tender.
- While Burssels sprouts are baking, core the apple and chop into ½ -1-inch cubes; set aside.
- Cut bacon into 1-inch pieces and place in heavy skillet over medium-high heat and cook, stirring until about ¾ of the way done (according to your preference).
- Add the chopped apples and chopped rosemary, continuing to cook and stir until the apples have softened and the bacon is fully cooked. Adjust the heat to avoid excessive browning if necessary. Remove from heat.
- Once brussels sprouts are done, add to the skillet and toss to combine all the flavors. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and serve. This can be served as a side dish or with fried eggs for breakfast. Enjoy!